Kovir also contains 7 valuable herbs to strengthen immune system and detoxify cells in traditional medicine: Rhisoma Cimicifugae foetidae, Radix Paeoniae Alba, Radix Glycyrrhiza uralensis, Radix Puerariae, Flos Lonicerae, Radix Scrophulariae, Fuctus Forsythiae.
PRE-CLINIC: Clinical pharmacological center – Hanoi Medical university
– Acute toxicity: KOVIR capsules at the dose of 325 g/kg (equivalent 38,58 times dose in human) did not cause signs of acute toxicity: Oral LD 50 of KOVIR capsules was not defined; Followed WHO, KOVIR capsules are safe herbal medicine.
– Results of subchronic oral toxicity studies of KOVIR capsules at both doses of 3.24 tablets/kg/day (clinical dose) and 9.72 tablets/kg/day (3 times clinical dose) during 4 weeks showed that: There were no subchronic oral toxicity at both doses
Oral administration of KOVIR at both doses of 5.6 g/kg and 11.2 g/kg for 7 consecutive days had the immunostimulating potency in the cyclophosphamide-induced immunosuppression model:
- KOVIR at the dose of 5.6 g/kg (equivalent to the human recommended dose) posed the immunostimulatory effect on: delayed type hypersensitivity (DTH) response, serum IL-2 assay, IgG concentration and TNF-α concentration in the peripheral blood as compared with model group.
- KOVIR at the dose of 11.2 g/kg (2 times as high as the human recommended dose) posed the immunostimulatory effect on: DTH response, spleen relative weight, leukocytes counts and TNF-α concentration in the peripheral blood as compared with model group.
KOVIR at both doses improved the damaged condition of spleen and thymus on histopathological images.
– Clinical trial at hospital level
A study on 110 patients with cold symptoms and other viral diseases such as: conjunctivitis, stomatitis, chicken pox, measles, rash fever, shingles nerve, using Kovir product of Sao Thai Duong Joint Stock Company for treatment, we found that:
Kovir products of Sao Thai Duong Joint Stock Company are remarkably effective in alleviating flu symptoms (sneezing, stuffy nose, musculoskeletal pains, fatigue, cough, sore throat, fever, …)
Kovir also works to support treatment of other viral diseases such as: pinkeye, aphthous stomatitis, measles, rash, shingles, etc., which help the disease to progress more gently and get better faster.
The drug also works to strengthen the immunity, enhance the health of the body, contributing to the prevention of infection, especially the flu;
Kovir works to reduce blood cholesterol after only 1 week of treatment
Kovir also has a good effect in stimulating digestion and preventing bloating.
The drug does not cause side effects, easy to drink. During and after taking the medication, the patient feels comfortable with enhanced health.
Recover immunity system effect on experimental animals
Clinical trial at MOH level:
Kovir was approved by the ethics committee of the Ministry of Health in a clinical research conducted at Thai Binh Hospital of Medicine and Pharmacy with the study title “A phase I / II study to determine the maximum tolerance dose, safety and the dose- immunity response relationship in patients with viral respiratory infections (ARI) ”
The completed Phase I study showed no adverse reactions in healthy volunteers using KOVIR. The research is now moved to Phase III.